- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Highways, Infrastructure Development & Waste
- Work Location
- County Hall , Exeter EX24QD
- Occupational group
- Highways, Transport & Traffic
- Salary details
- From : £42,683 To : £46,561 pa.
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 37 Hours per week.
- Closing Date
- 20 September 2019
- Interview date
- Week commencing 30th September 2019.
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Paul Davis : 01392 383000
This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive Asset Management team responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of highway maintenance and the management of policies for one of the largest Local Authority highway networks in the country.
Devon has a network encompassing more than 8000 miles of road, more than 5000 bridges, retaining structures and an annual highways budget of approximately £80 million.
As a senior member of the team you will be required to analyze a variety of funding scenarios and the impact of policy decisions relating to management of the highway network.
- You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of highway maintenance processes and procedures and to evidence experience in the preparation and implementation of policies relating to management of the highway network.
- In addition, the role will involve the assessment of need and allocation of both revenue and capital funds in respect of the service functions to ensure delivery provides value for money by reference to National and local indicators.
- Development of the Asset Management Team is fundamental to its success and progression and you will be responsible for the management of the training and development needs of the team.
Devon is a modern, vibrant place to work offering a range of jobs and staff benefits, including:
- flexible working opportunities,
- local government pension scheme,
- employee assistance programme, and
- competitive pay.
For more information about this role, please see the job description attached.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
For more information about Working for Devon please visit the Working for Devon webpages.