- OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- THE SPIRES COLLEGE
- Work Location
- Westlands Lane, Torquay, Devon TQ1 3PE
- Occupational group
- Education Support
- Salary details
- Grade G, from 1 April 2019 £24,313 - £26,999 pro rata (£16,269 - £18,066 actual)
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Term Time Only
- 30 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum (term time)
- Closing Date
- 01 March 2019
Required to start as soon as possible.
The Spires College are seeking to appoint a Counsellor to work within our Pastoral Management team.
We are passionate about the importance of pastoral care and fervently believe that this support is a key factor in unleashing the power of education to transform lives. If you share these views and are dedicated to bringing positive outcomes for all young people then this could be the perfect role for you.
The Spires College is a close community, with a shared desire to be the best we can be. As a School we are committed to staff’s professional development and invest heavily in ensuring our teachers grow and flourish as practitioners.
- excellent professional development and a wide range of professional opportunities;
- a high level of support for all new staff;
- the opportunity to work alongside excellent practitioners across the College and Torbay;
- an exciting and stimulating place to work in a friendly environment.
- a modern, purpose-built building and excellent facilities.
- have a degree or diploma in counselling and be a member of the BACP;
- have experience of working with young people, preferably within a school or education environment;
- have knowledge of relevant regulatory and legislative frameworks;
- be approachable, resilient, calm and level headed;
- be enthusiastic about giving young people the best possible start in life;
- be enthusiastic, self-motivating and able to demonstrate flexibility in your style of approach;
- have a caring and patient nature, and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- be a team player, and be able to contribute to the shared responsibility ethos of our school;
The Spires College is a co-educational, 11-18 School with a bilateral stream. We are a friendly, caring school which puts the needs of our children at the heart of all we do and are committed to improving outcomes for all young people.
For further details about the post including details of how to apply, please visit our website: http://www.thespirescollege.com/about/job-vacancies or contact Nadine Osborne, PA to the Principal: email@example.com.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.