- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- School Posts
- Work Location
- Coffinswell Lane, Coffinswell Lane, Kingskerswell, Devon TQ12 5HN
- Pupils on Roll
- Occupational group
- Education Support
- Salary details
- £9.18 per hour
- Job term
- Fixed Term
- Appointment type
- Part Time
- 0.8 FTE (4 days)
- Closing Date
- 02 September 2019
- Interview date
- 5 September 2019
The governors would like to appoint a Forest School Assistant who can deliver exciting Forest School and outdoor learning activities. We are looking for a dedicated and proactive individual who enjoys working with children and can share their love of the Forest School and learning in the outdoors as a built in part of our curriculum. You will help run regular, accessible and engaging forest school activities, under the leadership of our Forest School Lead, on site for groups of children from Nursery to Year 6. You will contribute to assessment and liaise with class teachers to support children/s academic progress and emotional well-being. A Forest School qualification would be preferable but not essential as in house training will be provided.
Candidates will need:
- A creative approach to the outdoor curriculum and deliver learning in exciting ways.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- A commitment to working as part of a team.
- The ability to support planning and resourcing structured outdoor learning opportunities for EYFS KS1 KS2.
- To liaise with school staff to plan and deliver outdoor learning.
- The ability to maintain the forest school area.
We can offer you a welcoming and supportive staff team, personalised CPD and children who behave well and really want to learn.
This post is temporary due to budgetary constraints.
Visits to the school are encouraged and welcome, please contact Karen Strachan on 01803 873398 or email email@example.com.
To apply, please see the Related Information section on this web page.
Your completed application form should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.