- OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- EXETER LEARNING ACADEMY TRUST
- Work Location
- High Street, Ide, Exeter, Devon EX2 9RN
- Pupils on Roll
- Occupational group
- Education Support
- Salary details
- Grade C
- Job term
- Fixed Term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 30 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- 25 January 2019
- Interview date
- 31 Janaury 2019
Ide Primary School is a thriving community of learners with a 'village school' feel, despite being on the edge of the city of Exeter. We are at an exciting stage of our development and are looking for someone special to join our dedicated, caring staff team.
We seek to appoint a Teaching Assistant to provide support for a pupil in EYFS as well as class-based support and interventions.
This will be a varied and rewarding role and we will offer professional development to help you to develop your skills and experience. This could be an ideal opportunity for an experienced Teaching Assistant or someone considering a career in teaching or educational psychology, to help you to develop your understanding in a practical way.
The post is fixed term until July 2019 in the initial instance, based on developing needs and funding for an individual child, but is likely to be extended.
We are hoping for a start date in January 2019 if possible, but will consider applicants who need to work a 4 week notice period from the interview date.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has an empathetic approach and ability to reflect;
- Has a good level of English and maths and an ability to be flexible to meet the changing needs of the children;
- Is reliable, self-motivated and enjoys interacting with children;
- Has appropriate experience and manages the behaviour of children positively;
- Fosters good professional relationships with colleagues, children and parents;
- Is fully committed to the safeguarding of children.
Desirable criteria include:
- Knowledge and understanding of the EYFS curriculum;
- Experience of working with children with SEN, in particular communication and interaction needs;
- NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualifications or experience;
- Experience of delivering learning interventions at primary school level.
To apply, please see the Related Information section.
Your completed application form should be returned to email@example.com.