- Work Location
- West Hill Pre-School, Village Hall, Beech Park, West Hill, Ottery St. Mary, Devon EX11 1XD
- Occupational group
- Salary details
- Meets NMW requirements plus pro rated holiday pay plus discretionary annual bonus.
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Term Time Only
- Flexible hours. Currently 1.5 days can be offered although this may increase on demand for pre-school places. Term time.
- Closing Date
- 15 March 2019
- Provider Name
- West Hill Pre-School
About the role
We’re currently recruiting for a part-time member of staff to join our enthusiastic, committed and long-serving staff team. Our busy and highly popular Pre-School is currently open Monday to Thursday and Friday mornings during term-time. You will be working directly with pre-school aged children, and supporting their independence and learning in a range of ways including:
- Working under the supervision of the Manager and Assistant Manager to provide the highest quality early years provision for children of pre-school age
- Providing outstanding standards of childcare and education, including:
- providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment to enable the emotional, social and educational development of children, through individual attention and group activities
- using a range of tools to continuously monitor and review Pre-School activities and individual children’s progress.
3. Promoting the aims and objectives of the Pre-School
Please see the attached job description and person specification for a comprehensive description of duties and responsibilities.
To be successful in this role, you have experience within an early years setting. Your ability to relate to and work effectively and empathetically with young children is paramount to us, and you will readily be able to show your energy, aptitude and enthusiasm for this. Committed to maintaining the highest standards in early years care and education, you will take a keen interest in every child’s progress and ensure that planning supports the continual development of each child. You will be responsible for your own key worker group of children within the setting.
You’ll hold a full and relevant early years qualification at Level 2 or above (or equivalent), with a good working knowledge of the EYFS. You will be looking to continue to develop yourself and your practice, and we will provide you with all the support and opportunities for professional development to enable this.
West Hill Pre-School is an established provider of quality childcare and education, with consistently impressive Ofsted reports. Operating for over 25 years in the heart of the beautiful East-Devon village of West Hill, we have a dedicated and well-loved team of qualified staff with a wealth of experience. We aim to provide a happy and caring environment which is secure and stimulating in order to develop each child into a self-assured, confident and self-motivated learner. Above all, we have fun every day through well-structured and meaningful play. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Find out more, or apply now
For more information, please contact Patricia Ratcliff, Pre-School Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires a DBS disclosure
This post is covered by the Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2018.