- Work Location
- University of Exeter Family Centre, The Queen's Drive, Exeter, Devon EX4 4QJ
- Occupational group
- Salary details
- Starting salary £16,766 (Grade B), progressing to £17,079 per annum.
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 36.5 hours per week (Mon - Fri). Hours between 8am - 6pm.
- Closing Date
- 28 March 2019
- Provider Name
- University of Exeter Family Centre
CARE IS AT THE HEART OF OUR ETHOS.
Are you an experienced qualified Nursery Nurse?
Family Centre opened in September 1973 and in September 1987 we moved to our existing single story building which was purpose build and designed by our nursery staff. We are very lucky to have fantastic facilities on a beautiful half-acre site within the main Streatham Campus at Exeter University. We currently cater for 50 children from the ages of 6 weeks until 5 years, of Staff and Students who attend the University and we have a waiting list for each term now up until January 2020.
We pride ourselves in treating all children as individuals and work hard to promote independence and learning through play in an anti-discriminatory and welcoming environment. We aim to provide a happy, safe, secure and stimulating environment, in which a child can develop physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually at their own rate. We are proud to be an Ofsted ‘good’ rated provider.
Family Centre is open weekdays for 45 weeks and 3 days a year from 08:15 to 17:45. We are very excited to be moving into a brand new 3 million pound facility on University of Exeter campus in August 2019, which will enable us to grow and develop, catering for 104 children.
What we are looking for from you
We are looking for outstanding individuals who can demonstrate flexibility and creativity, with the commitment to provide first class childcare. You will be committed to safeguarding children and young people within your work. An enhanced DBS is required.
You will need to:
- Hold a full and relevant DfE approved qualification in early years and childcare at Level 3 (such as NVQ Level 3 in CCLD, Level 3 Diploma for the Children & Young People's Workforce), or equivalent qualification
- be experienced within a nursery setting
- have proven organisational skills
You can find further details of the role here Qualified Nursery Nurse (level 3)
Join our family!
- Team Building Day
- ‘Employee of the Term’ – reward ½ day off
- Family feel
- Warm, friendly and welcoming
- Apprenticeship Employee Ambassador
- Safeguarding Certificate / Level 3 Food Safety / Paediatric First Aid Training (we pay for all staff to have these training courses)
- Generous annual leave and great benefits
We’d love to hear from you!
We would love to hear from exceptional nursery nurses who can bring their experience to our centre to maintain our fantastic reputation and contribute to our success.
If you are interested in joining the team or would like to hear about future opportunities, please get in touch with Louise McLellan on 01392 725416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information and to apply please go to www.exeter.ac.uk/jobs and search reference number P01199. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them, so you will be contacted ahead of the closing date of the advert.
The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer. We are officially recognised as a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.