- TRAINING PROGRAMMES/WORK EXPERIENCE/COURSES
- Work Location
- County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter EX2 4QD
- Occupational group
- Apprenticeships/Training Programmes/Courses
- Salary details
- Job term
- Training Programme/Course
- Appointment type
- Various Hours
- Closing Date
- 01 September 2019
- For an informal discussion please contact
We are looking for a Post 16 student to come and join us for one week in Business Support, within the Quality Assurance, Reviewing and Safeguarding Service.
This is a large, friendly and enthusiastic team currently supporting Families and Children across Devon, who are currently in Care or on a Child Protection Plan. We organise and attend at nearly 100 meetings each week, meaning we are a very busy office!
This placement will involve working closely with a variety of members of the Business Support Team, as well as our Social Work colleagues and you during your time here, you will experience:
- Diary management
- Meeting / event organisation
- Report and Minute writing
- Working to deadlines
- Multi Tasking
The person we are looking for should have or be looking to develop:
- Good all-round communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 tools
- An interest in Business Support and Administration
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- An eye for detail
- An ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to show initiative
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to manage your time and work to deadlines
If you are interested in applying for this placement, please write an expression of interest of up to one page of A4. You should include why you are interested in the placement, how you meet the skills required or why you wish to develop those skills, what course you are currently studying, what you are planning on doing after college and any work experience you already have. If you have any specific areas of interest within the Council, please include this as we will try to accommodate this within your placement if you are successful. Please give some thought as to how you will travel to County Hall each day. Unfortunately, Devon County Council cannot reimburse any travel expenses to and from this placement.
If you have any questions, please direct these to your tutor in the first instance. Please send your expressions of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st September 2019.
Please visit https://new.devon.gov.uk/workingfordevon/ for more information about working with Devon County Council. You may also be interested in our Apprenticeship page https://new.devon.gov.uk/workingfordevon/work-in/apprenticeships/
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.