- TRAINING PROGRAMMES/WORK EXPERIENCE/COURSES
- Work Location
- Various locations in Devon with AYCH Coordinator
- Occupational group
- Apprenticeships/Training Programmes/Courses
- Salary details
- Job term
- Training Programme/Course
- Appointment type
- Various Hours
- Closing Date
- 01 September 2019
- For an informal discussion please contact
This Work Experience placement offers the opportunity to come and work with the Atlantic Youth Creative Hubs (AYCH) Coordinator for a week for Post 16 students.
AYCH is an EU funded project which works in 6 UK, 4 French, 2 Spanish and 1 Portuguese hubs working with young people (less than 30 years old) to develop innovative and collaborative solutions to Global problems, and to develop skills and entrepreneurship. Our environmental and ethical values underpin our work which is open source. Devon County Council is the Lead Partner for AYCH. The Coordinator manages the contract, outputs, risks, timetable etc of the project. No day is the same.
Please take a look at the website as the project is difficult to summarise in a paragraph. https://www.aych.eu/
You can find out more about the Project Coordinator here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/oenonethomas/
This placement will involve working closely with the Project Coordinator who sometimes works in County Hall but often visits local partners Space* (Youth Services in Exmouth, Tiverton and Bideford), Plymouth College of Art and Plymouth Youth Service. The Coordinator works daily online with our partners in other countries using Basecamp and shared documents in the Google Drive and travels to work them. The Work Experience programme is difficult to define at this point but the Project Coordinator would set-out a programme for the week and when necessary provide transport from County Hall or a mutually agreed previously specified safe locations. Monday and Friday will be spent at County Hall. The programme is likely to include:
- A Welcome to Work Experience at DCC at County Hall
- An introduction and welcome to AYCH, discussion of the programme and goal setting
- Remote working with UK, French, Spanish and Portuguese partners
- Project Management tasks - Action Logs, Deliverables Trackers, Report Writing etc
- Using Project Management software Basecamp, shared documents on the Google Drive
- Travelling to Devon locations if there are meetings or events in the week.
- Work shadowing and hands-on roles.
- Providing feedback on our Social Media, Website and other publications aimed at Young People.
- An evaluation of the week with a short report about the experience – written/video/photographs/sound scape etc for the AYCH website.
- A final session at DCC at County Hall
The student should have or be looking to develop:
- Good organisational skills and who is interested in Project Management
- Emotional Intelligence and Relationship Management
- Enthusiasm for transnational working with European partners
- Good communication skills (written and oral) and possibly has some French, Spanish and/or Portuguese BUT this is not essential as the official language of AYCH is English
- Enthusiasm for solving Global concerns and the underpinning values of AYCH
- Good IT skills and an appetite to develop them
- Proactive, positive, flexible and adaptable behaviours and who is capable of managing your time and work to deadlines
If you are interested in applying for this placement, please write an Expression of Interest of up to one page of A4 or record a short video/voice recording etc. You should include why you are interested in the placement, how you meet the skills required or why you wish to develop those skills, what course you are currently studying, what you are planning on doing after college and any work experience you already have. Please give some thought to the nature of this placement as the length of each day and location may vary. Unfortunately, Devon County Council cannot reimburse any travel expenses to and from this placement but if travel as part of the job is involved the Project Coordinator will travel with you and cover costs.
Please send your expressions of interest to: email@example.com by 1st September 2019.
If you have any questions, please direct these to your tutor in the first instance or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit https://new.devon.gov.uk/workingfordevon/ for more information about working with Devon County Council. You may also be interested in our Apprenticeship page https://new.devon.gov.uk/workingfordevon/work-in/apprenticeships/
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.