- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Economy, Enterprise & Skills
- Work Location
- County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter, Devon EX2 4QD or Trading Standards Office, Chelston, Wellington, Somerset TA21 9HP
- Occupational group
- Apprenticeships/Training Programmes/Courses
- Salary details
- Job term
- Fixed Term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 24 February 2019
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Richard Styles or Laura Cridland on 01392 383000
HAVE YOU GOT WHAT IT TAKES TO GROW YOUR CAREER AND HELP MAKE DEVON AND SOMERSET GREAT?
Devon, Somerset and Torbay Trading Standards helps to make sure that local businesses can compete on equal terms and that consumers are protected from unfair or illegal trading practices.
We enforce and advise businesses about a wide range of legislation – from farm animal welfare and disease control, through to scams, “rogue” trading, food standards, weights and measures and petroleum safety.
Through our Step In Apprenticeship Programme, we have an opportunity to join Trading Standards in either our Exeter or Chelston offices. The successful candidate will be based in our TSConnect Team, which runs the vital support functions for our Service - making sure that we can operate effectively and efficiently. The team looks after everything from licensing, databases, administration and purchasing, through to staff training and developing our website.
The duration of the Apprenticeship contract will be 26 months. Apprentices initially work towards achieving an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration in the first 12 months of their contract, progressing onto an Advanced Apprenticeship qualification to be undertaken in the remaining 14 months of their contract. This will be supported by a combination of training and practical work experience.
We offer a highly competitive starting salary of £16,394 per annum, 20 days holiday, flexible working arrangements, training and entry into a pension scheme.
Applicants should be:
- Keen to learn and motivated to succeed;
- Interested in learning more about local government and how it might meet your future career aspirations;
- Able to listen carefully and respond well to people;
- Willing to provide excellent service to the people of Devon, Somerset and Torbay;
- Of suitable academic ability i.e. minimum qualifications of grade C (4) GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths;
- Able to use Microsoft Office applications.
This is an extremely exciting time to join us as we are expanding our apprenticeship offer to invest in the future Council workforce. If you have the ambition, drive and qualities we are looking for, then apply for our Step In Apprenticeship Programme today!
Find out more about apprenticeships at:
Find out more about Trading Standards at:
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.