- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Digital Transformation & Business Support
- Work Location
- Tiverton EX16 6TG
- Occupational group
- Admin, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary details
- From £19,554 to £21,589 pa.
- Job term
- Fixed Term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week.
- Closing Date
- 01 September 2019
- Interview date
- To be confirmed.
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Barbara Rew-Dixon
This is a fixed term temporary post of up to 12 months to cover a maternity leave.
We are looking for a well organised and self motivated person to join the Business Support Team and fill this vital administrative role supporting Children's Social Work, which is one of our business critical, frontline safeguarding services - a key priority for Devon County Council.
This role is the organisational foundation of the Social Work team and provides proactive administrative support to social workers - enabling them to focus on direct social work with children.
You will be part of the Business Support function and will develop a good knowledge of current cases and an understanding of day to day priorities, by working alongside and on behalf of the Social Work team.
This will involve working with Social Workers and other staff to ensure key data is accurate and up to date; making appointments on their behalf by active diary management; receiving contacts and queries from clients, other agencies and professionals; resolving issues and taking actions as appropriate; note taking at a range of meetings; managing systems to identify improvements and effective time management of cases.
You will have:
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work as a member of a team within a busy office environment
- good keyboard skills, the ability to effectively prioritise your own workload and work to deadlines
You will be able to:
- Communicate effectively, input data accurately, problem solve, use your initiative, effectively utilise technology and IT systems and support others to do the same.
- Deal with sensitive and confidential information and produce work of a high standard.
Devon County Council offer a flexible working policy allowing you to maintain a good work-life balance, and a range of staff benefits.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.