- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Digital Transformation & Business Support
- Work Location
- County Hall, Exeter EX2 4QD
- Occupational group
- Admin, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary details
- £19,554 - £21,589
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- 28 April 2019
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Angela Fleming
We are looking for a well-organised ad self-motivated individual to join the Business Support Team and fill this vital role supporting our frontline team of professionals, based within the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub, which is one of our business critical, frontline safeguarding services, a key priority for Devon County Council.
You will need to have effective leadership skills coupled with effective communication and interpersonal skills. You will be able to respond quickly to changing priorities whilst maintaining attention to detail and possess excellent administrative and organisational skills required to undertake and delegate tasks across the full range of business support activities.
You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Take a leading role within the Business Support Team
- Work as a member of that team within a busy office environment
- Prioritise your and others workload
- Work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Use initiative
- Note take at Child Protection Strategy Meetings and other meetings as required
- Input data accurately and produce work of a high standard
- Process sensitive and confidential information in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Have a sound understanding of MS Office and utilise technology and IT systems
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Be approachable and have ability to problem solve
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.