- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Digital Transformation & Business Support
- Work Location
- County Hall, Exeter EX2 7QD
- Occupational group
- Admin, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary details
- £18,933 - £19,698
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 20 September 2020
- Interview date
- 29 September 2020
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Louisa Grimes on 01392 383000
Working within our Digital Transformation and Business Support Team, the Service Support Assistant is a vital part of a team providing essential administrative support to our front-line Children’s Social Care Teams, enabling them to spend more direct time with the Children and Families of Devon.
Reporting to the Service Support Manager, the day to day tasks for this key post include:
- Effective administrative support for the smooth running of the office by undertaking a range of administrative support tasks;
- Attendance at designated meetings and the taking and production of minutes as required;
- Dealing with telephone enquiries;
- Providing support and guidance to colleagues, assisting in the creation and reviewing of business processes, policies and procedures;
- Gathering/interpretation/presentation of basic data, alongside chasing and following up defined actions;
- Supporting the use of new and existing systems and technology.
Benefits of working for Devon County Council:
- Flexible working hours (Monday to Friday);
- Local Government Pension Scheme;
- Development opportunities;
- Perks at Work and Discounts Scheme;
- 22 days annual leave rising incrementally to 29 (plus 2 additional statutory days over the Christmas period, and Bank Holidays);
- Good rates of pay;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- On-site facilities at County Hall, including a gym, shop and subsidised staff restaurant;
- Good public transport to and from Exeter city centre and easy access to the M5/A38;
- On-site staff car park.
We are looking for a well organised and self-motivated person, with good communication skills and a helpful, can-do attitude. If you would like to work as part of a dedicated and friendly team in a busy office and have an interest in administration and Children’s Social Care and the following skills and experience, we would like to hear from you:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience of note-taking at meetings;
- Ability to quickly respond to changing priorities whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills to undertake tasks across the full range of business support activities.
About Business Support to Children's Social Care:
Our aim is to support our busy Social Care Teams to achieve effective and efficient use of ICT and administrative processes that deliver best outcomes for children, including: keeping vulnerable children safe; promoting children’s health and well-being; delivering social care and a range of other local community services; working together with partner agencies and professionals.
For more information about this role, please view the attached Job Description.
If you are interested in this position, please apply today and we look forward to receiving your application. When completing the application, please read the job description and person specification and ensure you give examples of how you meet the essential requirements of the post in your supporting statement.
Interviews will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams, due to the current Covid19 restrictions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.