- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Digital Transformation & Business Support
- Work Location
- Tiverton EX16 6TG
- Occupational group
- Admin, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary details
- £18,426 - £19,171
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 02 February 2020
- Interview date
- 12 February 2020
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Barbara Rew-Dixon on 01392 383000
Would you like to work as part of a dedicated and friendly team?
Do you have an interest in administration and Children's Social Care?
We are looking for someone with good communication skills and a helpful, can-do attitude.
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Flexible working hours (Monday - Friday);
- Local Government Pension Scheme;
- Development opportunities;
- Perks at Work and Discounts Scheme;
- 21 days annual leave rising incrementally to 29 (plus 2 statutory days over the Christmas Period, and Bank Holidays).
About the role:
Working within our Digital Transformation and Business Support team, the Service Support Assistant is a vital part of a team ensuring that back office functions continue to support our frontline Children’s Social Work Teams to flourish and grow, which is a critical priority for Devon County Council.
Reporting to the Service Support Manager, this role is a key support post.
Day to day tasks include:
- Effective administrative support for the smooth running of the office by undertaking a range of administrative support tasks;
- Attendance at designated meetings and the taking, and production, of minutes as required;
- Dealing with enquiries and meeting attendees in our busy reception area;
- Providing support and guidance to colleagues, assisting in the creation and review of business processes, policies and procedures and the gathering/interpretation/presentation of basic data, alongside chasing and following up defined actions;
- Supporting the use of technology.
About Business Support to Childrens Social Care:
Our aim is to support our busy Social Care Teams to achieve effective and efficient use of ICT and administrative processes that deliver best outcomes for children; including keeping vulnerable children safe; promoting children’s health and wellbeing; delivering social care and a range of other local community services, working together with partner agencies and professionals.
For more information about this role, please view the attached Job Description.
If you are interested in this position, please apply today and we look forward to receiving your application.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.