- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Digital Transformation & Business Support
- Work Location
- County Hall, Exeter
- Occupational group
- Admin, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary details
- £17,173 - £18,672
- Job term
- Fixed Term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 30 September 2018
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Louisa Grimes on 01392 383000
We have an opportunity for a well-organised and self-motivated person to join the Business Support Team and fill this vital and varied role supporting frontline Children’s Social Work, a key priority for Devon County Council.
This post is to provide maternity cover and will be on a temporary fixed term contract for up to 9 months. This is a great way to become familiar with Devon County Council and gain experience and insight into the many career opportunities it can provide.
You will need to have effective communication and interpersonal skills. You will be able to quickly respond to changing priorities whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail and possess excellent administrative and organisational skills to undertake tasks across the full range of business support activities.
You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Work as a member of a team within a busy office environment;
- Pay attention to detail;
- Communicate effectively;
- Input data accurately;
- Process sensitive and confidential information;
- Use initiative;
- Effectively utilise technology and IT systems;
- Have an understanding of Microsoft Office;
- Prioritise your workload;
- Work to deadlines;
- Produce work of a high standard.
We look forward to receiving your application.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice