- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Digital Transformation & Business Support
- Work Location
- Midlands/Home Counties Midlands, for example: Oxfordshire, Bucks, Coventry, Warwickshire, Birmingham, Berkshire areas, along the M4/M40/M6 corridors
- Occupational group
- Admin, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary details
- From: £32,910 To: £36,922
- Job term
- Fixed Term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 29 January 2021
- Interview date
- 8th & 10th February 2021
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Hilary Lloyd on 01392 385300
Scomis is an award-winning ICT support service, operating as part of Devon County Council and trading nationwide. We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Internal Sales Account Manager. We support over 770 schools, MATs, Federations and educational establishments across 52 Local Authorities nationally, along with providing internal ICT delivery to Devon County Council.
Our aim is to ensure that customers achieve effective and efficient use of ICT that delivers best value and ultimately, improved outcomes including school improvement; keeping vulnerable children safe; promoting health and wellbeing; delivering social care and a range of other local community services.
• Part of a large, well established team with balanced out of hours requirements
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Working Hours (Monday to Friday)
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Development Opportunities
• Perks at Work and Discounts Scheme
• 20 Days Annual Leave
About the role
Working within our Customer Relationships and Business Development Team, the Education Product & Sales Specialist will play a key role in ensuring that Scomis continues to flourish and grow.
The post-holder will be based in the Midlands or Home Counties and will be responsible for account management and business development and the delivery of an associated sales target for products across the Scomis Education portfolio.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of effective relationships with key customer accounts at a school, multi academy trust or local authority level in order to ensure our service delivery meets expectations and to promote additional value-added services offered by Scomis.
- Through deep customer and market insight the post holder will make a significant contribution to our agenda of ongoing continuous service improvement through the identification of opportunities for new products/service or enhancements to existing services in response to customer/market need.
- Development and delivery of a sales plan that underpins our Business Plan objectives and our sales and marketing strategy.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Understanding of the education sector and the challenges and issues faced by key decision makers and budget holders for IT within that sector;
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding sales targets through a consultative sales approach and without resorting to ‘hard selling’;
- Proven ability to link sales of services or products to the strategic objective of clients;
- Ability to establish productive, professional relationships with key stakeholders including senior leadership teams;
- Experience of new customer acquisition, account management and driving key sales processes from opportunity identification through to closing a sale and including sales forecasting;
- Strong listening, communication, negotiation and presentation skills – written and verbal and the ability to tailor messaging to specific audience types;
- Strong problem solving and creative skills with an ability to determine how Scomis can add value to customer in order to solve their problems;
- Genuine passion for working with schools to improve educational outcomes through the effective use of technology.
- Ability to work remotely with minimum supervision.
This is a full-time post (37 hours per week) and is being offered initially as a 2-year fixed term contract. Based in the Midlands/Home Counties region, the post holder will work from home and will be required to attend our office in Great Moor House, Exeter on occasion for specific meetings. The role will involve travel across the UK and occasional overnight stays.
Scomis does not currently pay sales commission.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.