- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Work Location
- Various locations across Devon
- Occupational group
- Admin, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary details
- £9.81 - £19.40 per hour (rates vary depending on the skills required for the role)
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Various Hours
- Full and part time hours available, weekends and evenings depending on the role
- Closing Date
- 21 January 2021
- For an informal discussion please contact
Work alongside us to maintain our services and to deliver the national drive preventing the spread of COVID
We are looking for people to join our temporary COVID Support Bank. Previous local government experience is not essential as we're more interested in the skills and experience you can offer us.
- Business Administration (agenda/minute taking and email correspondence)
- On-line call handling (with team colleagues, care providers in the community or queries from members of the public)
- IT and data inputting (for organisation of data and maintenance of spreadsheets)
- Supervision of children in a protected environment (for Court directed contact of children and their relatives)
- Community care roles (providing care or care-related support in the community)
Customer Service & Recording Data (working in community primary care settings, not remote working)
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar programmes
- Demonstrable customer service skills
- A team player and quick learner that thrives in a fast-paced working environment
- Warm, compassionate and personable with the ability to work with patience, tact and understanding
- Flexible to change the tasks to be undertaken as priorities could change at short notice
Our offer to you:
- Flexible working hours – full or part time, weekdays, evenings or weekends depending upon the role.
- Duties can be undertaken at home for most roles (others may require face-to-face visits).
- Training and equipment will be provided.
- Competitive pay rates (based on Local Government pay scales), paid monthly.
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave (pro rata), accrued and paid separately to working hours.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme - an attractive career average scheme.
- For those in receipt of a Devon Pension Fund pension, re-employment into one of these roles will not impact on your pension.
You will need to be:
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Some roles may require you to apply for an enhanced DBS check
How to apply:
Please upload a basic CV, either by using the CV template with this advert or by uploading your personal CV, preferably in Word format. Also remember to provide contact details such as a personal email address and a mobile phone number. Please tell us as much as possible about your skills and experience in relation to these roles. It would be an advantage if you have used IT software and/or experience in dealing with queries using the telephone. Each role will require fluency in English and numeracy skills.
We will then contact you to discuss further details about the roles and an appropriate placement for you.
This short video will provide you with some more details about the roles and the process https://youtu.be/y0m3xCTfkhk
Please visit GOV.UK/coronavirus for further guidance on working during this time.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Temp Solutions privacy notice.